Thursday, August 31, 2006

First time for everything!

I wanted to go on record to say that I just performed my first wedding! For those of you who don't know me very well, I am a pastor at Summerland Alliance Church in Summerland, BC. This spring, I finally finished the ordination requirements and was officially ordained on January 22. I am now Reverend Chris Hiebert, officially anyway. I really still prefer 'Chris' or 'hey you' or 'that guy' cause I am really the same guy I was before. I could talk more about ordination, but that is for another blog, right now I am talking about weddings.

So yeah, I married a couple on the top of Giant's Head Mountain today. It was really quite special to be a part of someone else's special day. I believe God was pleased by the marriage today. The lady is the owner of Summerland Flower Shop so now I can go in there and be all friendly like cause I know the owner. It is always fun going into a new business and knowing people. I had met her daughter before when I went to visit one of our friends that I went to visit when she worked there. The guy was a professional juggler - and no, I didn't see him juggle and I did not get any pictures.

But all this to say that I am a fan of marriage, God is a fan of marriage, it is cool to be a part of weddings, it is cool to get to know new people and I hope that this couple have many many happy years together . . . till death do them part. That is my prayer, anyway.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Reverend!