Saturday, November 17, 2007

R&R

So I’m writing from our little cottage on Silver Star Mountain. We’re spending just under a week at Fairhaven in an attempt at rest and relaxation. We’re been here before so we know this place is conducive to R&R. And being here before, we know to bring a TV & VCR for the kids and my laptop with the rest of season one and the whole of season two of 24.

One thing I did not expect was that I am able to stay connected to the “real” world through Fairhaven’s new wireless access point. I had actually considered “dropping off the grid” or “going dark” - not even connecting at hotspots in Vernon but I can’t resist. I think that the thinking behind my thinking was really: if I could live without a week of internet access, I could wear it as a trophy. I could boast about it. How foolish.

We could debate the pros and cons of internet dependency but I don’t want to go there. I want to now rest and relax. Blogging, surfing, downloading The Office, are great ways to do that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A week without email... I'd love that. Of course, I don't think the rest of my family could handle my Internet withdrawl.

Anyway... you and I should "talk" about season one of 24... I've been looking for it... haven't found it "anywhere".