Friday, January 19, 2007

Overcoming Life's Obstacles - Part 1

If you are expecting a fluffy inspirational story, this is not it. It is, however, a story of overcoming obstacles.

The obstacle: A Rubik's cube.

That's right folks, I set my mind to the task of solving the Rubik's cube. I can now consistently solve it in under 2 minutes. It took me about a day to learn.

I'm looking around now for a good speed cube. I hope to buy one pretty soon. I want to get faster at it. It would be cool if I could solve it in 30 seconds or less.

So, if I bought a good speed cube, I'd put the one I have right now on my shelf next to my Evangecube.

I am wondering now if I'll be less effective in advancing God's kingdom, now that I can solve the Rubik's cube. I had a vision recently that I was on an airplane. Because I couldn't listen to my ipod until we were in the air, I decided to pull out my Rubik's cube. The person next to me, with a chuckle, asked if I knew how to solve thing to which I promptly replied: "no I can't but I've got an Evangecube and I've mastered that, wanna see it?" And by time we landed, Angels were dancing and singing in heaven.

Now that is not an option.

That said, if you know of anyone on this green earth who has decided to give their lives to God because of an Evangecube, please do let me know. If there is someone out there who truly has come to God because of one of those, I'll never mock out Jesus Junk again!

No comments: