Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Update

Some of you have been asking for updates on a few things I have posted about previously. Before I do that, here are some pictures we took this Thanksgiving Sunday at the beach.

We also went trucking from Monday to Tuesday. All four of us went. This was the first time we have all gone together. We had a great time. Steve & Megan, who we haven't seen in over a year, invited us over for supper while we were in Abbotsford. Turned out to be a Thanksgiving meal with all the fixings! And we had a sweet visit. We got sleep in 2 hour bursts, which was the toughest part of the trip but all in all, a good time. This is a pic from the trip. Check out all the photos here.

And always know you can check out all the photos found in my posts on the right under the obvious title "Photos".

Now for the updates:

We have not found any more caches. We have thought about it and visited the website. We would now like to have a GPS.

We removed all the moldy materials from our basement. I really loved cleaning that up (note sarcasm)! We cleaned out a storage room that had some mold and water damage to the contents inside: 10 years of church financial records and other 'Jesus Junk." Harry and Bob washed everything down there with some special mold treatment. Next thing that needs to be done is sealing the concrete. This is a special compound that has to be applied and has to sit on the walls for 28 days. Then a coat of latex paint. Then oil based paint on top of that. Then new carpets. Then, fix the ceiling. Then take all of the stuff that is now in our guestroom and put it back into the new and improved playroom/living room. This needs to be done for Christmas cause my older sister's family is coming to stay with us!

Our VW Westy is still sitting where it was 4 months ago. I did move it once to mow the weeds under it.

I rewrote that thanksgiving letter and submitted it. I haven't hear any feedback. I don't know if that is a good or a bad thing. If you wanna read it, let me know and I can post it. Read the "Thanksgiving" post if you don't know what I am talking about.

I finished reading reUnderstanding Prayer by Kyle Lake but haven't had the opportunity to write a review on it. That will come soon. I am now reading The Younger Evangelicals by Robert Webber. If you haven't caught on by now, I am a slow reader.

I have not harboured bitterness in my heart towards Red Robins. I will have a Whiskey River BBQ Chicken Burger again . . . someday . . . soon . . . I am hungry right now . . . mmmmmm . . . I can almost taste it.

It's gone. The goat. After 2 and half years, I am clean shaven.

I have made no more progress on Glory in the Highest, the choir piece I am arranging. It's my laptops fault. It no longer wants to work with my USB Midi device (allows me to play the parts into the program with a keyboard). I set it up on another computer but that took a bit of time so I should be working on the actual arrangement soon.

And I am not rich in $ yet. I am rich in love though.

No comments: