Friday, November 17, 2006

The Holiday


The photos of our holiday can be found here.

This is what happened (I'm gunna make this quick cause I don't have much time):

We flew into Regina Monday night. Got to the farm pretty late. The boys travelled fairly well. I always enjoy a good plane ride.

We hung low at the farm for a couple of days. Mackenzie loves his grandma and grandpa, his uncle Richard, and everything on the farm.

We visited my sister's family in Shamrock. Those are her two oldest boys on the combine tire, Curtis and Stephen. Yes, Mackenzie got a combine ride and his dad got to drive.

We played a lot there. It was fun. I saw Stephen's very first hockey game, ever. He did well. I predict a 1st round draft pick soon . . .

Back to the farm.

More hanging low - we like that.

I hung out with my friend Shawn Hiebert for a day in Swift Current (no relation). That lifted my spirits. I was feeling pretty discouraged until then - I don't know how to relax and get my mind off of work . . .

Kristin Clark drove up from Saskatoon after that. She spent 2 days at the farm I think. It was great to see her again.

I was able to haul some hay bales via. semi truck for Angela's dad. I was happy to be able to contribute to the farm.

Angela got sick.

Then the boys got sick.

Then I got sick.

It could have been that we didn't get one full night's sleep throughout the whole holiday, or not, but I'd like to blame it on that.

That's right. No sleep, or very little at least.

I helped Richard finish Star Wars: Jedi Knight/Jedi Outcast or whatever it was called. We also managed to do some old school LAN gaming. That's always a blast.

We watched some movies.

We played with the kids.

We drank a lot of coffee.

We had waffles - twice!

We ate a turkey dinner.

Those are the highlights, I guess.

I didn't read much. I was disappointed in myself for that.

I was hoping to blog - dial up and the fact that I wasn't in the mood kept me from it.

There ya go. Check out the pictures. And this is a reminder that you can always find our photos near the top of the page on the right. "Sets" are basically photo albums and "tags" are sections or grouped pages of photos in the photo albums. For example: "Nov 06 Holiday" photos are found in the "Family" set. If you want to look at all the photos in our "Family" photo album, click on the set.

So yeah. That's our holiday summed up.

No comments: