Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Just when you think things are going well . . .

Just when we thought things were going well . . . we get slammed with a $256 phone bill!!!!

Yeah, it turns out that Collect Calls from the US to BC are over $3 a minute!!! Who knew?

A few weeks ago, you may remember that I was in Spokane Washington for a Promise Keepers conference. One reason I know I don't really have to go to these conferences is because I love my wife. A lot. And because I love her, I need to talk to her. And because I loved her that week end, I called her that weekend. Four times as a matter of fact. Two times for 7 minutes each. That was not too bad cause I only got charged $22.60 for each 7 minute call. One night I talked with Angela for 27 minutes. K, I understand that the longer you talk, the more money it costs but does it have to cost $57.50? Need more proof that I love my wife? I submit to you the fourth piece of evidence: a 37 minute call totalling $75.60!!!!

I should have used my cell phone. Last year we only got dinged $70. I thought making a collect land line call would be cheaper. Boy was I wrong!

Moral of the story: Don't eat chicken noodle soup with a fork. . . . . in Spokane while talking on the phone with your wife - it's a waste of time AND money trying to spear those little buggers!

No comments: