Monday, November 20, 2006

Quotes

2 sweet quotes I never want to forget:

"He is the God of deal with it now. Why? Simple. Because later is about me, and now is about everyone else." The Last Next Best. Mark Steele. Relevant Megazine. Nov/Dec 06 p. 56.

The bold is what I want to remember. There is a lot contained in that phrase. This speaks directly to my "always lookin to the future" complex.

The other quote I heard last night on that extreme homemakeover show. It's that one with Ty, I think his name is. The one where they basically build a house for well deserving family. The dad that died of cancer from yesterday's show was known to say "Lots to think about. Nothin to worry about."

Maybe I should add another quote, from scripture. It's one that I think is most often misunderstood. I'll throw it on the pile:

"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phillipians 4:6-7 (NIV).

So you tell me, what is the common thread in these three quotes?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's not about me?