Thursday, September 28, 2006

My boys


I can't sleep so I'm gunna write a bit. . .

Lukas rolled over for the first time today. It is not an official roll over cause the bed was tilted in his favor. I'll call it official when he rolls over on a level surface. It is progress none the less. Seems like these little kids grow up so fast, and he is only 3 and a half months old! Anyway, I am a proud dad.

Lukas is a source of happiness in such a different way than Mackenzie was at this age. I get a smile out of him almost every time I look at him. And this is just not your average mouth smile, it is a full body smile. Yeah, Lukas even smiles with his feet. You gotta see it. When he smiles a super happy smile, his toes curl and he brings his feet up as he bends his knees. It's sweet. This is a picture Angela took of him a few days ago. We really have been slack in shooting photos. I'll try to get one of the whole body smile. And I'll try to get some oh the brothers together.

Now Mackenzie is just a mini me. I am overwhelmed every day at his desire to be just like dad. And he copies everything. He copies the way I drum on the table with my hands and the way I lie on the floor when I play 'race cars' with him. He has to wear his helmet and gloves when I go for a bike ride. He copies the way I threw garbage on the garbage pile this morning. He repeats every word I say while on the phone. He has to drink from a cup like mine. It goes on and on. And really, all the imitation melts my heart cause I know it's love. He loves me and wants to be like me. It's scary too. His imitation reminds me of the not so good things I do and reminds me of my bad habbits. I'm not going into detail here. Come see what kind of person he has become in 16 years and just know that the not so positive things came from me. Ok, he has his own choices to make but really, we have such a huge influence on our kids at this young age, it's unbelieveable.

The pic here is of Mackenzie being found during a rousing game of 'hide and seek'.

Those are the boys. Again, we'll try to take more pictures cause we have so many good moments these days (with our fair share of bad ones too) and I want to remember the good times. I had to scrounge to find these two pics. I'll have the camera on my trip this weekend so it might be a bit before I upload some family pics to the flickr site. Stay tuned.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey Chris neet pictures of the two little rascals. just wait like you said about bad habits starts alot sooner than 16. anyway looks like both smiles are very big and ivolve more than the mouth.